- Jenny and I are elated to announce that on February 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM, we welcomed Reagan Elizabeth into the world and as the newest team member of Chance Hammock Photography! She weighed in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce and 19.5 inches long.
- The Sandgrens were two of the first people I met when I moved to Alexandria. When they asked me to take photos for this year's Christmas card, I was more than happy to help them out. It was a chilly November day, but they were troopers. While it wasn't that windy, the cold motivated their sons, espe[...]
- I took these photos in November, but the Erbs asked me to hold off until after Christmas on sharing on the blog (they were sending photos to the grandparents as presents). They've been my most frequent and most loyal clients. It's hard to believe this was our fourth session - it still feels like jus[...]
- "Why are you guys so awesome?!" You know it's going well when the bride says that to her photographers towards the end of the night. I worked with Kelli Brewer for Katie and Ryan's wedding and they were, borrowing Katie's words, "so awesome!" Not only was this in my top 5 favorite sessions of the ye[...]
- We've become very close friends with Kelli and Adam. While we only get to hang out a few times a year, we always have a blast when our schedules finally align. Kelli's also become our official family photographer (more on that here and here), so we always have a couple of built-in excuses to hang ou[...]
- There aren't many services where I have one person that I always go back to. Growing up, I always had the same barber and now Jenny and I have had the same family doctor for about four years. That's about it though. However, we have one other very important professional in our life: our photograp[...]
- Jenny and I are delighted to announce that come mid-February, Chance Hammock photography will grow by 50 percent! The world's newest Braves fan (and budding photographer, I'm sure) should arrive just in time for spring training. A special thanks goes to Kelli Brewer for this awesome photo!
- Ryan and Jayleen contacted me a few weeks ago about doing a family portrait session outside the Washington DC Temple. They've been married for five years, but they were going to be sealed as a family and wanted photos to remember the day. Since my own family was only recently sealed, I was honored t[...]
- You may remember this family from a post last year. Since then, they've had an addition to their family and decided it was time for more family photos. I'm glad they did - while we had a lot of fun last year, it was just way too cold. It was a little warm when we started around 6:30, by 7:00, the te[...]